CRBC possesses National-Level Qualification for General Contracting for Construction, various professional contracting qualifications and Special Qualification for General Contracting for Road Engineering which are approved by the Ministry of Construction of PRC. The types of qualifications owned by CRBC cover every area in current road sector in China. CRBC has undertaken many high-tech, excellent and sophisticated road and bridge works with high technical importance, great added values and significant impacts, most of which represent the state of the art not only in China but also in the world. CRBC creates great contributions in road & bridge construction both to China and to the world.
In 1979, as one of the earliest four state-owned foreign-trade enterprises to venture abroad, CRBC took the first step in entering international contracting market, undertaking more than 600 engineering and labor projects in Asia, Africa, and Middle East and achieving revenue of over 70 billion us dollars CRBC has succeeded in constructing many famous projects such as
- The Fourth and Fifth Mosul Bridges in Iraq
- The Friendship Harbor in Mauritania
- Malta Dry Dock (300,000 DWT)
- Kenya A109 National Highway
- Addis Ababa Ring Road in Ethiopia
- The North Section of West Kowloon Expressway in Hong Kong
- China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan Highway
- Kuwait Bubiyan Bridge
- Surabaya-Madura Strait-crossing Bridge
- Hangzhou Bay Sea-crossing Bridge
CRBC has been awarded many influential international prizes, such as Gold Mercury International Award and International Arab Trophy. It has been listed among the Top 225 International Contractors by ENR-Engineering News Record for many consecutive years.